Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Too Old for this!

When I was trained to be a consultant, I found out that a lot of campuses have deffered recruitment. This just means that they have recruitment in the Spring. I thought it was interesting, but didn't give it a lot of thought. Now I am in the middle of deffered recruitment season!

Do you know what that means? It means that not only did I spend all of August and the first week of September on recruitment visits and getting Chapel Hill ready for recruitment, but now I have spent all of January on recruitment visits.

Back when I was 19-21 and I spent two weeks out of the year on recruitment, that was hard enough. I am 24 and I am currently on my 7th week of recruitment for this school year. I am too old for this!

I really want to share something with you all that I've heard several chapters chant during recruitment right before they open the doors. I was SHOCKED the first time I heard it, but now it's just second nature.

"Hidy tidy God Almighty!
Who the hell are you?!
Zim zam hot damn
I'm a Phi Mu!"

I gotta go! Time for me to open more little bottles of Coke and water, put pink straws in them, and set them on pink napkins!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!!! I wonder what Sharla would've said if we did that chant before we opened the doors?!?! I think we should talk to Allison and have her implement that into Recruitment this year!!!!

Miss you!!!