Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm Livin' in Fast Forward. . .Now I Need to Rewind Real Slow

So throughout my travels, I’ve experience a lot! I’ve made a list of the things that stick out in my mind; I meant to type this over Christmas break, but those 4 weeks flew by too fast. Now that it’s practically mid January, I’ll give you highlights from my first semester traveling!
· Been to 5 different chapter’s recruitment practices.
· Eaten at Panera more times than I can count.
· Carried boxes across a campus in the rain.
· Had a chapter president call and ask me if it was okay for her to check a sister out of the hospital.
· Been in 11 different airports.
· Filled out Bid cards twice!
· Been offered Starbucks for lunch AND dinner.
· Taken a 40 minute cab ride to the airport at 6:00 in the morning.
· Gotten lost with a chapter president on our way to her chapter.
· Had to walk 3 blocks in the rain back to my room at 9:30 at night.
· Was on the phone with a chapter president when she was pulled over.
· Been to 4 initiations.
· Stood outside of a chapter house for 30 minutes in 37 degrees, because no one would come let me in.
· Been to 2 elections.
· Learned that “jorts” is a name for jean shorts and you DO NOT wear them in North Carolina.
· Helped install a chapter.
· Received a gift basket from a chapter.
· Carried boxes across campus in the snow.
· Noticed that the freezer with $200 of recruitment food in it had defrosted.
· Stayed at a bed and breakfast.
· Went to lunch with a chapter adviser AND her family.
· Wandered around a campus looking for somewhere to eat, because the chapter wasn’t feeding me.
· Went to see Twilight with chapter members!
· Spent an hour getting green paint out of brand new carpet.
· Set off the alarm in a chapter house while I was on a conference call.
· Been given a gift certificate for a pedicure from a chapter.
· Had the Enterprise guy give me his cell phone number in case I got lost. (Is that normal protocol?)
· Had to ask a random guy to put my carry-on suitcase in the overhead compartment, because it was too heavy for me to lift.
· Met with 6 Greek Advisers.
· Accumulated over 15,000 frequent flyer miles.
· Stayed in the house that is said to be the most haunted in Charleston.
· Learned to really enjoy Chicken Biscuits for breakfast.
· Tried boiled peanuts.
· Dealt with an ice machine flooding a dining room an hour before an initiation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for a fabulous post!
What a crazy life you lead!

Unknown said...

So pretty much you are telling us that your life is WAY more exciting and interesting then ours!! I can't believe you walked across a campus in the RAIN! That is a BIG step for you!