Saturday, November 1, 2008

Stood Up

I'm at UNC-Greensboro right now. It's a pretty campus, but all of the campuses around here are. Anyway, when I arrived here on Thursday night the president took me to dinner. We went to Panera, which really wasn't bad. I finally found something I liked. On our way to dinner, she mentioned that she had to work on Saturday morning from 9 to 1. She told me that she works at the Zoo and she said I could get in for free with her, and she asked if I wanted to go. I told her I would like to go and that it sounded like fun.

So last night when I was hanging out in my dorm room by myself I remembered that I'd told her I would go to the Zoo with her today. I called and left her a message telling her to just give me a call and let me know what time she would be picking me up this morning. She didn't call me back last night, but I figured she was just out late since it was Halloween. So I woke up this morning at 7 so I could be dressed and ready to go by 8:30, since she had to be at work I figured she'd be picking me up around 8:30.

I was all dressed and ready to go by 8:30, but she never called to say she was picking me up. So I decided to work on some reports and check my e-mail, thinking she'd call soon. She never called, so I didn't get to go to the Zoo. It kind of made me sad, because I was really looking forward to getting out of the dorm room and getting some fresh air and taking pictures. Instead I spent my morning sending e-mails and finishing reports, which was kind of nice too, because now I am completely caught up on all my work.

I get to come home in 23 days! I'm super excited. I'm already planning on waking up really early the day after Thanksgiving to go do Christmas shopping! I love my job, but I love getting to go home too! On the topic of loving my job, I get to back to Charleston, SC next weekend. I can't wait! It is the coolest place ever! Great shops, great food, great scenery, and the girls in that chapter are a lot of fun!

There's my life in a nutshell right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BIA!! I can't believe they stood my twin up!!!! I can't wait for you to come home!!! Only 22 days now (it's 12:15 my time)!!! I am soooo happy you are loving your job and everyone is being nice to you! We are ready for you to come home....the east coast has had you too long!! Love you soooo much!!!!