Sunday, November 2, 2008

Held Hostage

At this point, I have done my fair share of eating out, eating on campus, and eating in a sorority house, but last night was the first time girls had me over to their house and made dinner for me. It was a lot of fun! The girls' house was super cute, and the food was really good. They just made lasagna, salad, and bread, but it was all good!

The girls who had me over were so much fun. One of them was the most talkative person I've ever met in my life! (Which is hard to believe, because I have some pretty talkative friends!) Plus, she said everything about three times as loud as she needed to be talking and she had a super strong southern accent. Several times I had to wait a few minutes to respond to what she said, because I was trying to figure out what she said. When I first arrived at her house she asked me what I wanted to drink and I when I replied with, "water is fine," she goes (now remember she's pretty much screaming and has the strong southern accent!) "Oh girl! You don't just want water! We have grape Kool-Aid, Sun Drop, Coke, and Sprite! Oh and I'd offer you wine, but I learned with our last consultant that y'all can't drink with us." I wish I could have recorded her talking, and I'm sure my typing all of this out is really doing it no justice at all.

After we ate, we then watched tv for a little while, and then I had my meetings with each of them. When I finished up the second meeting, Chatty Cathy then goes, "well, I'm gonna go to bed, do you care if Michelle takes you home later." I said, "Since we are finished with the meetings I can just go back to my room now." Chatty goes, "No no, I don't want you sittin' in that room by yourself all night." I responded with, "Well it is 11:15," but no one caught on to the fact that I was ready to go back to my room, so I ended up staying at their house until 12:40 a.m. I was beginning to feel like they were holding me hostage. I had really had so much fun with them, but I was so ready to go to bed. Needless to say, I was excited when they finally deemed it late enough to take me back to my room.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! She's seems like a hoot!
Glad you're having fun! (And also glad you're updating your blog! The titles of these last two are hilarious!)
Talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

2 things...
1) When people comment on your blog, do you get any sort of notification? Or do you just have to check back periodically to see if anyone commented?
2) You should go to my blog and see my new backdrop! (There's a link at the top and it takes you through step by step how to get one. AND it's free!!!)

Anonymous said...

Ummm...What do you mean you have friends who talk alot?! I can't think of any off the top of my head!! :) I am sooo happy they asked you over for dinner and you had a good time! Oh how I wish I was there and could listen to this girl talk!!! Well I miss you and can't wait to see you!!! Only what 21 more days?!

Unknown said...

I just realized you have a new back ground...love it!!!! 20 more days! :)