Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just Say 'No'

I am currently writing to you from Barton College which is in Wilson, North Carolina. It's okay that you've never heard of it, because even people from North Carolina haven't heard of it before. I arrived her today and before this chapter at was at College of Charleston.

I don't know if I have expressed my love for Charleston before, but it is the greatest place I have ever been. I love it! I stayed at a little inn right of Kings Street. My room was huge with a super comfy King sized bed and after they would clean my room they would put a door hanger in my room for me to fill out. On it, I would tell them if I wanted my next day's breakfast served to me in my room or on the back porch, what time I wanted my breakfast served, and if I wanted fresh orange juice, tea, and/or coffee. I'd never stayed somewhere before where they would call to let me know they were bringing my breakfast and morning paper to me. It was awesome!

While I was sad to leave Charleston and the fun girls in that chapter, I was excited about going to a chapter that I had never visited before. Please note, once again I did not get to sit next to a hot, single, young professional and either of the plane rides today. I sat next to middle aged, married men on both flights. Anyway, one of the girls from Barton College picked me up at the airport and she had a bottle of water waiting for me. (After being on the road for three months, it's small things like this that really make me happy) She kind of scared me at first, because she was like, "I've never gone to school from the airport before, so I'm not really sure which way to go. We might have to turn around a couple times." As we were leaving the airport and getting on the highway she says, "I don't think we need to go North," and she takes the exit that says North. Then a couple minutes later the highway splits again and she says, "I really don't know which one of these to take. I guess we'll try this one." She was so blase about not really knowing which way to go. Once we had been on the highway for a few minutes without taking random exits that we weren't sure of, I asked if she knew where we were and she was like, "Oh yeah! We're good!" Then she asked me where I wanted to go for lunch. This question kind of makes me laugh inside, because I don't have a clue of what they have over here. It's not like they have Sonic, Braum's, Taco Bueno like I'm used to. No, no, they have places called Bojangles, Biscuitville, and Moe's. Those are all chains that I've seen multiple places in the Carolina's.

So I messed up and didn't tell her a type of food I wanted, so of course she goes, "There's a Panera Bread up here, you wanna go there? I love Panera Bread." Everything in me was screaming "just say no!" But I couldn't do it, so once again I ate Panera.

That's about all I have for right now. I would like to say that while I tell you all stories about being stood up, held hostage, and eating at my least favorite restaurant of all time, I just want to add that I still love my job!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! Not Panera!!!
Next time just use the old--I really don't like sandwich places all that much because my parents have sandwich shops--excuse.
Glad I got to talk to you today!
Talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

My first reaction was the same as Chelsea's!! Oh no not Panera!!! I think when you become a consultant you should have to fill out a sheet of things and places you like to eat and places you don't like to eat!! I'm glad you still like your job! Miss you!!!

P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are updating!!! :)