Sunday, July 13, 2008

Going Away Dinner

My friends threw me a surprise going away dinner on Friday night. I kind of messed up the surprise part when I found the invitation at my babysitting client's house. I was really upset that I found out, because I LOVE surprises. I even went all week without telling anyone that I had found the invitation. I lie about as well as I can throw a baseball, so needless to say it didn't take them long to get me to admit I knew about it.
I don't think I can fully express my gratitude to my friends for coming to the party and to Hubbs and Allison for throwing it. I know some of my friends are mad about my finding out about the surprise. The important part of the whole dinner was not the surprise part. The important part was the fact that I got to hang out with all of my friends one last time before I leave. I am about to leave Oklahoma, my family, my friends, and everything else familiar and comforting in my life to move to the Carolinas, where I am going to have to completely make a new home for myself (ie living out of a suitcase for a year).
Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled about being a chapter consultant. However, I hope my friends know they mean the world to me, and at a time when I am about to leave so much behind, I am so thankful that I have such a great support system waiting back here for me.
I had a blast on Friday night, I loved the food, the drinks, the cake, the BALLOONS, and most importantly the company!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twin!! So your blog made me cry!!! I am going to miss you so much! I am so glad that you have made a blog, this way I will feel closer to you and still know what's going on in your life! But that does not give you an out for not calling me!!! I am sooo happy for you and couldn't be prouder of you!!! Love you sooooo much!

crayolajennie said...

Torri, it sounds like your party was great even though you did know about it! Sorry I couldn't make it... we were moving Preston's brother to Kansas City. I would have much rather been playing with you girls. Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment!!! I am sure you will make Epsilon Nu proud!