Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Reason I Didn't Post More

I know I wasn't the world's greatest at posting regularly my first semester traveling, but I know I did an even worse job during the spring semester. I can blame it on the fact that I traveled more, or I could blame it on not having as much to post about, but I'm sure you can guess what had me too preoccupied to sit down on post more regularly.

It was because he had dark hair
and gorgeous, brown eyes
he's 6'2"
he makes me laugh
he drives a truck
he doesn't curse
he'd rather talk than watch a movie
he loves chocolate shakes as much as I do
he watched Jon and Kate with me
he says "goodness"
he let me sleep in his lap while he watched SportsCenter
he bought me office supplies just because
he picked me up off the ground when he hugged me
he has the cutest southern accent
and he made me so sad to leave North Carolina.

Now don't think I didn't pay attention to my chapters, because I did! I still listened to the chapter president who called me crying because the freshmen wanted to wear fat suits in the Derby Days skit, and I helped another chapter president who wanted to know if it was in our national bylaws that seniors didn't have to pay for formal, and I was around when a chapter president had a complete emotional breakdown when she found out that the treasurer hadn't submitted initiation paperwork on time.

I have tons of stories that I need to share with you, like the time I had to sit at a Chick-fil-a because 2 chapters couldn't pick an exact time to meet to hand me off, and it started POURING on me while I was sitting outside, but I was just going to let you know why I did such a bad job of sharing my stories with you this past semester.

No comments: